Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Baby on board!


       My husband Andy and I sure got the surprise of your life this week. Starting last week I started feeling stomach pains off and on. I can't even remember the last time I was sick so I knew something was up. I was scheduled to run the Route 66 half marathon on Sunday so I wanted to get checked out before the race. So on Friday we headed over to the Urgent Care with my mother in law. In my mind I thought one of the cysts on my ovaries had become enlarged or had burst, the pain was right below my belly button. I was thinking the worst. I have Polycystic ovarian syndrome and was told that conceiving would be difficult even with fertility treatment. I never even get my period so I didn't even think I was ovulating. So at the Urgent Care I'm sitting there thinking the absolute worst. The doctor come back and tells Andy and I we have a positive pregnancy test. I mean I literally wasn't believing this, just in complete shock. I never thought I would be able to have a child and now here I am being told I am pregnant. We went out that night with Andy's parents to dinner and celebrated our big news.

I really didn't feel at ease about all of this, I just wanted to see an ultrasound and know that everything was going to be okay and healthy. I was going crazy on Saturday and Sunday until we could see an OBGYN on Monday. When Monday rolled around we called immediately and had to leave a message for them to call us. We didn't get a call back until two hours later only to find out they weren't able to see us until next week. There were just so many emotions going through me I wanted to get something done that day. Thankfully my mother in law felt the same way and ended up meeting us at the ER in Tulsa. They took me right in and got me a room set up. My blood was taken and two hours later they came in and confirmed the pregnancy. I was told they wanted to do an ultrasound and had several people come in and feel my stomach asking me how far along I was. I obviously had no idea due to never getting my period. 

It felt like forever but I was finally taken back to the ultrasound room. Once I was on the table and she started to look around she started to say "Oh wow, oh my goodness! You are far along, far along enough for me to see the sex of the baby!" Uhhhhh!! She started to show us the shape of the head and where the baby's arm was up. She zoomed in on the heart and showed us the heartbeat. She asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby. At first I hesitated then I said Okay. She zoomed in and showed us that we are having a baby girl. At this point I could not control myself I was just crying so hard. All of this was so overwhelming and wonderful all at the same time. Last week I never though I could get pregnant and then they told us we are now 22 weeks along! I am so so thankful for our miracle and that God has kept her safe inside me for so long just growing and staying healthy. I just want to enjoy what little of this pregnancy I have left and soak it all in.

Awful pictures Andy took of me in the hospital.

After we finished the ultrasound and it was just Andy and I in the room a little ladybug landed on Andy's shoulder.

This is me today at 22 weeks!

Another picture I took of myself in my mirror today.

No comments:

Post a Comment