Tuesday, February 9, 2010

135 here I come!

  My weight has been bothering me for quite some time now. As of this morning I weighed in at 171.2. The heaviest I've ever weighed. I refused to weigh myself for long time and just kept my scale downstairs away from me. Today I moved it into our bathroom. I don't want to become obsessed with it but I also know if I track myself I'll be more conscious of what I"m doing. 
   This Saturday is the Sweetheart run in Tulsa. The idea is that you and your sweetheart are supposed to run the race together. Andy agreed he would support me or maybe I kind of forced him to do it. I just don't think were ready at all. I tried to go running this morning and I wanted to kill myself. The cold air in my lungs was killer. I would like to do the run on Saturday I just don't want to embarrass myself. Andy is already better than me and has only been running for a couple of weeks. He keeps saying "Oh you'll be way ahead of me"....nope. I'm just ready to be healthy whether my sweet tooth likes it or not. I don't want to be a size zero, my ideal healthy weight  is 135 but my ultimate weight would be 125. Right now I'm going towards 135 because at that weight my bmi will finally be healthy for my height. In high school I weighed anywhere from 120-130. I hope to be a happy 135. 
    I'm trying to motivate myself, some people have like rewards for themselves once they lose 10, 20 & so on. But I'm not sure what to reward myself with yet. 


                               God Help Me!

2 comments:

  1. AGH! I weighed in at 191 in december and I almost crawled into a hole and died. I have no idea what Im going to do! funny. my goal weight is 135 as well. but i cant seem to get a good start. :( any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know that feeling, when I saw that number my heart just sank and I couldn't think about anything else.
    I have tried freaking everything...and it should work but I just don't stay motivated and stay on it. Here has been the only thing so far that has worked for me but everyone is completely different when losing weight. When I was in Fleetfeet, a running store, I saw these little books you can write all of your stuff in like your food, workouts everything and I bought it. Its called a fitbook and tracks over the course of 12 weeks. You write like your Ultimate goals and rewards. (mine is 135 & Andy will take me to the beach) This has kept me motivated. Then you write everything you eat and everything you do to exercise. I put older pictures of myself from high school to motivate me. I also have Andy or anyone check it and go over it with me. The toughest part was seeing that 171 and saying it outloud. I now keep my scale in my bathroom and I'm only weighing in once a week. I haven't lost a whole lot yet but putting everything down on paper and having someone check it keep me accountable is important for me. Seriously this is the first time it has worked and this is the first time I can actually see my goal and believe it.

    http://www.getfitbook.com/

    ReplyDelete